Let your child explore her reflection while you talk about what she is doing.
Why is this important?
- This activity will help your child understand how his body works by connecting with their reflection.
Playing Mirror Mirror:
- This activity is great to do while getting ready for the day or bedtime.
- Let your child observe his reflection while he brushes his teeth or hair.
- Talk to him while he is looking at his reflection, and make comments about what he is doing.
- Encourage him to make funny faces or practice smiling.
- This activity can be done with a floor length mirror as well. Allow him to dance in front of it or try on fun clothes and watch himself!
Keep in mind, every child develops at his/her own pace. Talk to your pediatrician if you have questions about your child's development.
Let’s read together!
Mirror Mirror What Will I Be? By Christopher Inns